Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Small World!

I know a couple of you have already heard this story but I thought it was crazy enough to share with all of you so if you already know it, just bare with me....So I was sitting in my wellness class (a required course at SMU) the other day when a girl came up to me and was like hey, you look really familiar. Did you go to the Academy in sixth and seventh grade? I was freaking out and very surprised. I told her I had gone to AA. She was like "is your name Karen?" I was sooo shocked and told her yes. She asked if I remembered her and I thought about and quickly realized who it was........is the anticipation killing you yet?........it was Katie Waters! Sorry to those of you who came after seventh grade, you probably have no idea who I am talking about. So apparently Katie moved to North Carolina after seventh grade and still kept in contact with a couple of AA girls like Marissa and them. Who would have thought that we would end up going to the same school and that we would be in the same section of a class that all other 1,400 (approx.) freshman are required to take? and who would have thought that she would have remembered my name? Crazy times!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

wow thats nuts....I don;t think i ever really liked her though.

September 1, 2004 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I never really like her very much either and she really didn't ever talk to me. That's why it was so weird that she knew my name, betty. You have to see the deeper meaning behind the post. Look beyond...

September 1, 2004 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Tommy said...

deeper meaning James...I shall show you a deeper meaning: First we will start with the wellness class....an interesting detail to include. At the surface it would seem that you wanted to give us some meaningless dribble to fill in the setting to a seemingly pointless story...but then your next comment about how its required shows us that this is a cry for help. You showed to us an insecurity, i'm guessing about your mental health status although wellness could be an esoteric metaphor. Whatever it means it is hard to connect your inner thought with your story. It is not until your comment that we realize that wellness is meant as well in the eyes of others. Your insecurity is about how others see you, that is why you were surprised she remembered you. And that is your cry for help, asking your friends and even those who you don't like or don't like you if they will remeber you. And by not asking the direct question, you get no answer, enabling you to imagine your own, as you envision,hope, and pray that it is YES. Done

September 1, 2004 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Tommy, perhaps your mindless intellectual ramblings prove only your own insecurities and your desire to cover those up by constantly seeking deeper meanings. It appears that you encourage others to seek deep meaning in the inane events of everyday life to shift the focus away from the matter at hand. The deeper part of Tommy Jewell. I fear that your quest for meaning and depth in other people's statements is simply a facade for the still secret depths that are Tommy, or worse, your possible lack of depth... Perhaps you should be so lucky as to take a wellness class yourself and see yourself difracted through the prism of mental health provided therein. hehe Much Love...

September 1, 2004 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

i knew katie since i was in 2nd grade and she got me suspended from school for like a week in fourth grade

September 2, 2004 at 12:46 AM  
Blogger Tommy said...

yeah she was a bitch...and to linz...it was not I who wanted to look at the deeper meaning, I was merely instructed to do so by james' (meaning karen as to not get her confused with her BF) commment.

September 2, 2004 at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home