Saturday, October 30, 2004

Iowa Blues

Ayo all. First of all - I've been accused of setting up this site intentionally because I'm terrible at keeping in touch with all of you. I miss the shit outta you though. I'm sittin in a hotel in Iowa and Aaliyah's "Missin You" came on the playlist - I'm about crying missing you guys right now. The next and most obvious question is what am I doing in a hotel in Iowa? I'm taking a break from preparing elections protections briefs for the state - i'm working for National Voice (nationalvoice.org) with the national latino coordinators. You know those notorious high-tech set-ups that you see in the hotel rooms in all of the movies? The kind where the fbi moves into a hotel to set up operations and stuff? That's sort of what's going on here - except for my king bed suite down the hall. Anyway - Iowa is close for the race, and my organization is actually non-partison; on that note, it's a good thing that voter-mobilization (our primary goal) actually favors progressive goals ;-). I'll be here until after election day, and I'll try to post some pictures of the efforts here. It's been one of the most formative experiences of my political life. Aaliyah's song helped me to remember that although I'm moving on to bigger and more serious things, I have to remember that you all are my roots and mean everything to me. If I haven't had a chance, or much less remember, to call you in a while, let me inform you that I'm enclosed in the macalester bubble - a place where sprint cellular waves do not exist.

It's been too long and I'm lost without you.
What am I gonna do?
Said I've been needin you Ooh...Ooh.
Wantin you.

Wonderin if you're the same and
Who's been with you?
Is your heart still mine? (Is your heart still mine?)
I wanna cry sometimes!
I miss you!

Now I'm sittin here.
Thinkin bout you.
And the days we used to share.
It's drivin me crazy!
I don't know what to do.
I'm just wonderin if you still care,
And I don't want to let you know that it's killin me.
I know you got another life,
And gotta concentrate baby.

6 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

Thanks buddy, miss you tons! It is good to hear from you...I wish your cell phone was a bit more functional but I know you are trying! Can't wait to see you at the holidays. Much Love.

October 31, 2004 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

Alex,
Just letting you know I miss you too!! I'm glad you're as involved as you are. Can't wait to see you over the holidays

October 31, 2004 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger ali said...

you're the man, man. despite my promises and commitment to the kerry meister, i have failed miserably in volunteer efforts. Thanks for keeping the Dems on track buddy :) i figure if i just injure that texan two doors down so he can't vote the would be a reasonable contribution hee hee... news from me is i designed a show that's going up thursday but the big day (tuesday) is rapidly approaching!! oh and in other news... i have these random bug bites. yeah i know! weird. oh, and i was lisa simpson for halloween hee hee and if i could figure out how to get pictures up here i'd post... hook me up and i'll do it. love and missing you all to bits!! ~satin, aka rogue

October 31, 2004 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger Alex Flores said...

go to hello.com. the software is there.

October 31, 2004 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

ALI! I have random bug bites too...we should consult each other about this...

November 1, 2004 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Alex Flores said...

Well - it is, at this point, apparent that the both of you failed miserably at this game. If you had invited me to a coed sleep-over party at any point during our friendships, perhaps you would have heard and taken advantage of my advice - advice I give only to those people who I sleep (in the same room) with. Alas - we are apart now, and so I feel a guilty sense that I must share this with you now...

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

November 1, 2004 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home