Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What i have learned in college...

well we are at the mid point in the first semester and i was refleting on what i have learned so far just thought i would share...
1. showers are not necessry: when morning comes it is much better to get that extra 15 minutes of sleep than shower, showering can always be put off (that doesn't mean don't shower, you won't make friends that way)
2. Shaving legs in community showers is NOT possible: boys just keep that in mind and don't hold it against us
3. pick a prof is worth $5: i have the devil for my history teacher and realize that i would rather have spent 5 bucks to find out that the class was hell than spent an hour sitting in that class
4. naps are heaven on earth: i don't think anyone will disagree
5. find a workout buddy: it is fun and will help keep the stress level down, plus it will help keep of the freshman 15 and i know that could present a problem for me
6. it is impossible to have a converstaion about politics with texans: they all have their "i love bush" glasses on and cannot even speak reasonably...and even if they could they have no idea what the hell they are talking about
7. alcohol in your dorm room is a lot of fun: a drunken night with a few of your friends in the dorm is so much more fun that going out to a party where you know 3 people.
8. it is impossible to find a worthwhile guy: boys only want hook ups and will lie to you to get it, as long as you have that in the back of your mind you will be ok
this is pretty long sorry (jeff), but i love ya and miss ya!! hope the second half of the semester goes well for yall! love

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Astute observations my friend. I am still definitely looking for that work out buddy to help me take off the freshman 15 I have almost already gained! Yikes! I find the political talks here, however, to be pretty much like the ones that many of us had at AA only in reverse. No experience with the whole alcohol in the room thing, still having fun at frat parties. Showers- worthless. I mean really, what's the point? Don't worry everyone, I shower at least once every two weeks even if I don't need it ;) JK guys, I shower every day. I would also like to add that root beer floats are a pretty good way to boost your energy if you've got a long night ahead of you (again, careful with the f-15). Yeah, don't know about the whole boy thing but I guess i'll find out eventually (Hopefully). Love you my Texas buddy!! and all the other awesome Texans!! Much love to all. Hope everyone is doing well. Mwah!

October 20, 2004 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger ali said...

Well spoken, my friends. I also learned that it's not high school anymore... which was unfortunate when that 56% rolled around hee hee, but i also learned that even the 56 isn't the end of the world... and might just be a sign to stop hearting physics, i mean, nobody really thought that was cool anyway, right? ha ha... much love and can't wait to see you all again, despite the goodness of college life :)

October 21, 2004 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home