Monday, November 01, 2004

Updates

Iowa is crazy.
Two days ago I became a precint co-captain here. I would be the sole captain, but Iowa statutes say that one must be a resident of the state - and my lucky stars gave me an incompetent women as a co-captain. I am truly luck, however, because my precinct is an all-important one, and I supervise about 30 volunteers. I'm in the middle of a low-income community in Des Moines, one of the populated places in this state.
Things are tough - but it looks like Iowa will turn out Kerry - I don't care what polls say. Minnesota too.
We finalized an election protection team - that one that I was working on last time I wrote to you all with a long message. It turns out that I'm heading home tomorrow morning early to help out in an immigrant community in Minneapolis - lots of spanish speakers who don't know english are getting out to vote tomorrow. I'm rambling - talk to you all soon - under a banner of democratic (sorta) leadership!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Alex, how the hell did you get to be so important? I feel so insignificant... :)

November 1, 2004 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

do you get to help them translate? if so, God help us all!! jk you know i love you ;)hehehe

November 1, 2004 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm really proud of you!!! Keep up the good work and Go Kerry!!

November 1, 2004 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous home equity loan rate said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

November 8, 2005 at 8:20 PM  
Anonymous home equity line of credit said...

A

November 28, 2005 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home